CEVA requires all teams to have two certified referees, line referees and score keepers at every match. All player and coaches may become certified through on line training.
Read the CEVA Blog “Link” and get certified ASAP; the deadline is 12/31/2013
PDX)))VB policy is that every player be certified to score-keeper and all coaches must be certified to referee. All players should become certified referees as well to share the responsibility.
Below is a list of this year’s 15 PDX)))VB teams and their Coach(s). Because of some naming convention issues, we had to make some changes to the team names. We are truly sorry about any confusion it may cause.
- PDX-VB U18-1-Black –Coached by Erin Cole & Assistant Coach Joe Ball
- PDX-VB U18-2-Red -Coached by Joe Boken (Vancouver)
- PDX-VB U18-3-White –Coached by Amanda Wiedeman
- PDX-VB U17-1-Black –Coached by Andres Turvis
- PDX-VB U16-1-Black –Coached by Brick Street & Assistant Coach Nicole Mays
- PDX-VB U16-2-Red –Coached by Jaime Orr (Vancouver)
- PDX-VB U16-3-White –Coached by Kaitie Swengel
- PDX-VB U16-4-Blue –Coached by Mary Moore & Assistant Coach Margaret Dowling
- PDX-VB U16-5-Purple –Coached by Ken Henry & Assistant Coach Brynelle Bremner
- PDX-VB U14-1-Black –Coached by Cydni Anderson & Assistant Coach Skye Weadick
- PDX-VB U14-2-Red –Coached by Tracy Klosterman & Assistant Coach Jangbu Sherpa
- PDX-VB U14-3-White –Coached by Sakorya Campbell
- PDX-VB U14-4-Blue –Coached by Staci Conner (Vancouver)
- PDX-VB U12-1-Black –Coached by Ron Brown & Assistant Coach Cory Brown
- PDX-VB U14-1-Boys –Coached by Doug Croze
There are a lot of things in volleyball that are out of our control.
However, there are a few things that we, as players, can control to help our game:
OUR EFFORT, SERVE, COMMUNICATION, MOTIVATION, CONDITIONING & DIET, LEARNING, ATTITUDE, LEADERSHIP, GOALS & DELIBERATE PRACTICE.
Check out this blog written by John Kessel USA Volleyball which details these items we can control, and ways we can improve.
We are excited to announce that this year, PDX will have its first U14 boys team! The team starts practice on Wednesday, December 4, at 5:15pm, with a team meeting and practice at St. Andrews.
Doug Croze has stepped in as the boys’ coach. He has coached for high school and college level volleyball, and currently plays for two masters teams, which compete annually in the USA National and World Senior Games. You can learn more about Doug on our coaches page.
This year, Doug looks forward to utilizing new concepts on coaching that he has learned from John Kessel, the Director of Sport Development for USA Volleyball. About the boys team, Doug has also said, ”I’m excited to see how much fun we can have while learning a life-long sport.”
Eight talented young men have already committed to the team. If you are interested in learning more, or know someone who is interested in possibly playing for the U14-Boys team, please email the PDX General Manager, Dave Anderson.
Good luck this season boys!
Regular practice schedules will begin in January, when our other practice facilities become available. Please bear with us as our December schedules will shift around a bit. Remember to check the calendar on the events page if you have any questions on your teams’ practice schedule.
The schedule will be updated by noon today, December 2.
U18 Tryouts continue Monday, November 25, from 8-9:30pm at the Eastmoreland Courts. If you missed this weekends’ tryouts, and are interested in playing U18, please email Erin Cole.
U16 Tryouts wrap up Tuesday November 26, from 5:30-7pm at the Eastmoreland Courts. Please show up 15 minutes early, so you are ready to start right at 5:30.
ALL PLAYERS MUST PER-REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS
Registration Information and Form
Please click on the Registration Information link above to register and pay for this years’ tryouts. All Players will pay a $40 registration fee online or at tryouts. Tryouts this year are two days of high energy volleyball. Please visit the Tryouts page for more information.
U15-U16-U17-U18 Tryout Times and Locations